In Year Admissions for 2021-2022
If your child has been offered a place in Years 1 to 6, to start with us in the Autumn term, we have designed this page to offer you all of the information you need. We look forward to welcoming you to school in person.
Children offered a place in years 1 to 6 will have received a start date and appointment time. Please bring your child to the main school office for 8.30am. This is earlier than our usual school start time, but will allow us to check we have everything ready for their first day. Currently parents are not allowed in school due to Covid-19, but we will try to make this event as easy as possible.
- Please complete our online pupil data form as soon as you have accepted your place: In Year Pupil data form
- On your first day, please bring a copy of either your child's passport or birth certificate and a recent utility bill (from the last 2 months) showing your address.
- Your children is welcome to have a school lunch on their first day. These cost £2.50 a day for years 3-6 and are paid via our School Gateway. (Children in years Reception 1 and 2 receive a free school meal at lunch time). You won't be able to set up an account until your child has been admitted. If you child wishes to bring a packed lunch, this is also fine. We are a nut free school, so ask that packed lunches from home to not include items containing nuts or sweets and fizzy drinks. If your child has a food allergy, please email our caterers, Edwards and Ward: firstname.lastname@example.org For more information on School meals, please see: https://www.hothamprimaryschool.org.uk/Information/School-Meals-and-Healthy-Eating/. If you think your child qualifies for free school meals, please complete this form: Free School Meal Application form
Our uniform is available online, via Marks and Spencers. Please see: Hotham School Uniform for more information.
What else do I need to bring?
- Unless you are bringing your own lunch, there's nothing else you need to bring on your first day. Your child will need refillable water bottle - please make sure it's clearly named.
- You won't need your PE kit on the first day.
- Hotham will provide all of your pens, pencils and exercise books.
- If it's sunny, your child may bring a sunhat - don't forget to name it
Our School Day
Our usual school day is from 8.45am until 3.15pm. This may temporarily change due to Covid-19 arrangement, but we will update this information on our home alert page. More information can be found on our website: Wraparound care at Hotham. You wont be able to make these bookings until your School Gateway Account has been activated, usually once your child has been admitted.
If your child needs an EPI pen, prescribed antihistamines for a food allergy or an inhaler during the school day, please print and complete the relevant form below. You will need to bring these medications with you on the first day. Unfortunately, we are not allowed to administer non-prescribed medications.